This recipe is the ultimate Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup copycat! Use a rotisserie chicken for the best flavor and to make things easier. Serve with hot bread sticks to have a complete Olive Garden experience, right at home. This recipe is simple and quick to make, perfect for a busy weeknight dinner and a family favorite!
Olive Garden Copycat Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- 2 TBS Olive Oil
- 4 TBS Butter
- 1 Onion finely diced
- 1 Cup Celery finely diced
- 1 Quart Half & Half
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 Carrots finely shredded
- 30 oz Chicken Broth
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Ground Nutmeg to taste, a little dash
- 1/8 tsp Ground Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Dry Parsley Flakes
- 1 Cup Spinach coarsely chopped
- 1 18 oz Pack Gnocchi
- 2 Cups Cooked Chicken Breast cubed, rotisserie chicken works best
- Do all of your prep work first, this makes it a lot easier as you go! Wash, peel and shred the carrots. Wash and coarsely cut the spinach. Peel and finely cut the onion. Mince the garlic cloves. Wash and finely dice the celery. The onion, garlic and celery can all be set aside in one plate.
- Heat 2 TBS of olive oil in a large pot, on medium heat. Add 4 TBS butter into the oil and let it melt.
- Add the onion, celery, and garlic into the pot. Stir and cook until the onion becomes soft and translucent.
- When the onion is soft and translucent, whisk in the flour, a little bit at a time as you constantly whisk so it doesn’t burn, for about a minute to get a flour roux.
- Whisk in the Half & Half, simmer until it thickens up a bit. Add the chicken broth in. Mix it and let it simmer until it thickens again, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the shredded carrots, gnocchi, chopped spinach leaves, and the cooked, cubed chicken.
- Continue to simmer on medium heat, until the soup is completely heated through and the gnocchi are soft. Approximately 5-10 minutes.