These super easy and fast Cheesy Chicken quesadillas have been a life saver for me during quarantine 2020. Everyone needs a fast, easy, budget friendly recipe for feeding their family on a time crunch. These literally take 5 to 10 minutes to prepare/cook and have on the table. My hubby came up with this recipe several years ago and I’m so excited to share it with you all!
Easy Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas
- 1-2 TBS Canned Premium Chunk Chicken Breast
- 2-3 TBS Cheddar Jack Cheese OR Mexican Blend Cheese shredded
- 1 Raw Flour Tortilla
- 3 TBS Salsa optional, on the side, to dip
- 2 TBS Sour Cream optional, on the side, to dip
- Put raw tortilla in a pan and set it on low heat. Cook 1 side of the tortilla until it is just cooked through on that side but not yet golden. Flip it over to the other side to fill (step 2).
- Add 1-2 TBS canned chicken breast to the tortilla, spreading it evenly with a fork.
- Then add 2-3 TBS shredded Cheddar Jack or Mexican blend cheese on top of the chicken on the tortilla, spreading it evenly with a fork.
- Fold the tortilla over to close, using a spatula. Cook for a few minutes and then flip to the other side and cook for an additional few minutes until the tortilla is slightly golden on both sides.
- These taste best served immediately when the cheese is warm and melty inside. Serve with salsa and sour cream on the side for dipping, optionally.