My hubby and I first tried this delicious soup at Dean & Deluca restaurant, which unfortunately closed here in Charlotte, so I knew I had to recreate it at home. To my delight, it tastes almost exactly like Dean & Deluca! This soup is creamy, comforting and just perfect for a chilly day like today and was a hit with my boys. Super easy to make and it’s a gluten free/low carb recipe. Delicious and nutritious!
Roasted Red Bell Pepper & Gouda Soup
- 1 Onion finely diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 TBS Butter
- 1 17 oz. Jar Roasted Red Peppers
- 2 14.5 oz. Cans Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 8 oz. Block Gouda Cheese shredded
- 2 TBS Tomato Paste
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth I make my own "Better Than Bouillon" broth
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Basil
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Oyster Crackers optional, for serving
- In a medium pot, melt 2 TBS butter on med-high heat. Add the diced onion and cook until soft and translucent. Then add minced garlic and stir for a minute until fragrant.
- Add the roasted red peppers, fire roasted tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken broth, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. Bring to a boil. Then cover the pot with a lid, and simmer on low heat for 1 hour.
- When soup is done simmering 1 hour, blend it with an immersion blender to a smooth pure (or use a blender or food processor then transfer back to the pot). Add heavy cream and shredded gouda cheese. Mix well and let it simmer on low for another 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with some oyster crackers and enjoy!