I made this Spanish rice and “Pollo Con Crema” (chicken in sour cream sauce dish, posted on my blog) for dinner and they both turned out amazing!!! My husband said it tastes better then the restaurant dishes and I completely agree with him! This Spanish rice is super easy to make and pairs well with any Mexican dish or even taco’s. I highly suggest making it with my “Pollo Con Crema” recipe.
Spanish Rice (Restaurant Style)
- 2 Cups Jasmine Rice
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 4 Cups Chicken broth I used “Chicken Better Then Bouillon” paste with 4 cups water
- 12 oz. Salsa Mild
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 tsp Salt
- Pepper to taste a dash
- Cumin to taste a dash
- Make 4 cups of chicken bouillon and set it aside. In a large skillet, heat oil on medium heat.
- Add rice to the skillet and cook until it starts to crisp to a golden color. About 3-5 minutes, stirring continually so you don't burn it.
- Add the chicken broth, salsa, garlic cloves, salt, pepper and cumin into the skillet with rice and mix gently to combine.
- Stir rice and cover the skillet. Simmer on low heat for 30-40 minutes until rice is cooked through and there is no liquid left. I opened the skillet and gently mixed the rice with a spatula 2-3 times while it was cooking to prevent it from sticking to the skillet.