Mediterranean restaurant style rice. So flaky, flavorful and aromatic! The spices give this recipe a beautiful yellow color and appetizing aroma. Pair this rice with any kind of meat. I love it especially with my Herb & Olive Oil Rack of Lamb recipe (on my blog) for the perfect Mediterranean meal!
Mediterranean Style Jasmine Rice
- 2 Cups Uncooked, Long Grain, Jasmine Rice
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth I make my own "Better The Bouillon" broth
- 2 TBS Butter unsalted
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 tsp Turmeric Spice
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Spice
- 1 Bay Leaf
- If using "Better Then Bouillon" chicken paste to make your own chicken broth, in a small sauce pan boil 3 cups of water. When the water comes to a boil, add 3 tsp of the "Better Then Bouillon" paste and mix well, to make a hearty chicken broth and set aside.
- In a medium sized pot, add the 2 TBS butter. When the butter melts add in the minced garlic, cumin, and turmeric spices. Sauté over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until the garlic has softened and spices give off a yummy fragrance.
- Add the dry rice to the pot and stir to combine for about 3 minutes to slightly toast the rice.
- Add the chicken broth and 1 bay leaf to the pot. Mix well. Bring to a rolling boil.
- Cover with lid and simmer on LOW heat for about 15 minutes, until the rice is cooked through. I opened the pot and mixed the rice 2-3 times to keep it from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Fluff with a fork and your rice is ready to serve! This rice reheats well.