Nothing tastes more like summer to me than this Summer Squash Soup! I got the idea for this recipe after trying this soup at Dean & Deluca restaurant and absolutely loving it. When our local restaurant closed I had to recreate this yummy recipe at home! This soup tastes better on the second day, once all the flavors blend. For a vegan version or less calories, you can omit the heavy cream but I highly suggest adding it because it gives the soup an extra creamy flavor. The easiest and tastiest Squash soup recipe ever!
Summer Squash Soup
- 2.5-3 LB Butternut Squash cubed
- 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 2 Celery Ribs chopped
- 1 Onion chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves chopped
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 TBS Sugar
- 1 TBS Salt
- 1/2 tsp Mrs. Dash salt free Seasoning or your favorite salt free seasoning
- Do the prep work first. Wash all the veggies. Peel the squash, chop it into large cubes. Chop the bell pepper into cubes. Chop the celery and onion into cubes. Peel the garlic cloves and chop in halves.
- In a medium pot, add all the chopped vegetables, sugar, and salt. Mix and add enough water to cover all the veggies, about 6 cups water. Bring to a boil on high heat.
- Once the water boils, cover the pot with a lid and let is simmer on low for about 35-40 minutes, until all the vegetables are tender.
- Once the vegetables cook through, puree the soup with an immersion blender until it is pureed to a smooth consistency. A blender or food processor would work too.
- Add the heavy cream, salt free seasoning, and mix.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and enjoy!