This Turkey Sausage Meatball Zuppa Toscana Soup is a faster, easier, and arguably yummier version of the famous Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup. Lean and delicious Italian turkey sausage meatballs (homemade or store bought) are a great substitute for the typical pork sausage used in this recipe. This is definitely a family favorite recipe!
Turkey Sausage Meatball Zuppa Toscana Soup
- 1 LB Ground Turkey Sausage Meat store bought or homemade (in notes below)
- 1 TBS Olive Oil for frying meatballs
- 12 Cups Filtered Water
- 4-5 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
- 4-5 Red Skin Potatoes washed, thickly sliced
- 1/2 Bag Kale washed, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- Form little (1 inch) meatballs from the store bought (or homemade, see notes below) ground Italian turkey sausage meat and set aside.
- Heat 1 TBS olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add the Italian turkey sausage meatballs. Cook, flipping meatballs from side to side, until meatballs are well cooked through.
- Boil 12 cups filtered water in a big pot on high heat. Once water comes to a boil, add 3 chicken bouillon cubes and the fully cooked turkey sausage meatballs.
- Lower heat to medium high. Add in the sliced red skin potatoes. Cook 10-15 minutes until potatoes cook through. Once potatoes are cooked through, add 1/2 large bunch (or bag) of chopped kale.
- Add in 2 cups of heavy whipping cream. Once the kale is soft and cooked through, the soup is done. Add another 1-2 chicken bouillon cubes, to taste. No salt necessary because the bouillon cubes add enough salt to the soup. Mix well and serve hot!
- This soup tastes great the next day too. Just warm up as much as you need in a small pot on medium heat.