This authentic Mexican restaurant style Salsa is dangerously delicious! Try this super easy homemade Salsa and you will never go back to store bought Salsa again! Great appetizer for Mexican or taco night or a side sauce for Mexican dishes. It’s my favorite dish to bring to game nights or a cook out and the dish that is always requested.
The Best Homemade Salsa
- 1 28 oz. Can peeled tomatoes
- 2 10 oz Cans Rotel Brand Tomatoes and Green Chilies Mild
- 1 Bunch Cilantro finely chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove minced
- 1 Small Onion finely chopped
- 1/2-1 Jalapeño Pepper
- 1/2 Lime Juiced
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- Do all the prep work first. Open the cans of tomatoes and tomatoes with green chilies. Wash and finely chop the cilantro leaves. Deseed and finely chop the jalapeño pepper. Finely chop the onion. Finely mince garlic clove.
- Put the can of tomatoes, can of Rotel tomatoes & chilies, cilantro, garlic, onion, and jalapeño pepper into a big bowl and puree with an immersion blender (a regular blender or food processor also works) Puree it a little bit if you prefer chunky salsa or more if you want a smooth consistency, depending on how you like your salsa.
- Add lime juice, salt, sugar, and cumin. Mix and refrigerate for at least a few hours (to let the flavors blend) for best taste.
- Serve chilled from the refrigerator with your favorite brand of tortilla chips. Our favorite is the Trader Joe's no salt tortilla chips.