Another popular Chinese food item that I have been craving during Quarantine 2020 is Crab Rangoon’s so we decided to make them at home and I’m so glad we did! These are super easy to make and taste so much better then any Chinese restaurant we’ve tried them at. These make a great appetizer for homemade Chinese night and are the ultimate party appetizer!
Chinese Crab Rangoon’s
- 1 12 oz. Pack Nasoya Brand Won Ton Wraps found in refrigerator section in most grocery stores, near vegetables
- Oil for frying Rangoon's
- 3 TBS Water
For the Filling:
- 1 8 oz. Cream Cheese softened
- 1 8 oz. Pack Imitation Crab Meat Sticks finely chopped
- 3-4 Scallions green part only, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Sugar
Optional for dipping Rangoon's:
- Chili Sauce optional, to serve as a dipping sauce
- Mix together all the ingredients for the filling in a big bowl.
- Set up a Rangoon making station. I lay out a piece of foil, a small container with water and cooking brush, the won ton wraps, and the bowl with filling. Lay out the wonton wrap and put a teaspoon of filling in the middle.
- Wet the edges of the won ton wrapper all around with water, using a cooking brush.
- Fold the won ton wrapper over diagonally to form a triangle shape and press to seal tightly so the filling doesn’t come out during the frying process.
- Once all Crab Rangoon's are filled and sealed, fill a pot with 1-2 inches of cooking oil and heat on low-medium heat.
- Throw in a few Rangoon's at a time and fry them until golden, about 2 minutes per side (flip them from one side to the other as you fry).
- Transfer fried Rangoon's to a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Serve hot, optionally with a side of Chili sauce for dipping.