Tender, succulent veggies, marinated in this special sauce and grilled to perfection. These grilled veggie kabobs are great to pair with grilled steak or meats. Super simple to prepare, healthy and of course absolutely delicious!
Grilled Veggie Kabobs
- 1 Small Eggplant
- 1 Bell Pepper orange, red, or yellow
- 1 Onion
- 2 Yellow Squash
- 3 Zucchini
- 1 8 oz. White Mushrooms
- 6 TBS Mayonnaise
- 3 TBS Barbecue Sauce
- 1.5 tsp Steak Seasoning
- 1 tsp Mrs.Dash or any other salt-free seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Do all the prep work first. Wash and cut all the veggies into kebab sized pieces (about 1 inch) and put them into a large bowl.
- In a separate small bowl mix together the mayonnaise, barbecue sauce, and spices together to get a smooth marinade sauce.
- Pour the marinade sauce over the veggies. Mix and let it stand to marinate for at least 4 hours. I usually marinate the morning of the day we grill the kabobs.
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water for 20-30 minutes and pat them dry before putting the veggies on them. This is so the bamboo sticks don't burn easily while grilling.
- About 30 minutes before you grill, put the veggies on wooden skewer sticks. No particular order but I like to have a variety of all veggies on each stick.
- Grill the veggie skewers on the grill along with meat, steak or anything else you are grilling. They take about 30 minutes to grill to perfection. You can just lay them down on the grill, or get a grill basket and grill the veggie kebabs in the grill basket.
- These are especially delicious with steak or grilled meats!