This hashbrown casserole is cheesy, creamy, and dreamy!!! One of my latest obsessions. We make this casserole for brunch, especially for all major Holidays or when we have company over for breakfast/brunch. Perfect Saturday morning casserole or a quick week night dinner. It takes about 15 minutes to do the prep work and bakes for 45 minutes. Fast, easy, and delicious!
Cheesy, Creamy, Hashbrown Casserole
- 1.5-2 LB Bag Frozen Hash Browns/Shredded Potato thawed in the fridge overnight
- 8 oz. Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 3/4 Pint Sour Cream
- 1 8 TBS Stick Unsalted Butter melted
- 1 Small Onion finely chopped
- 1 10.5 oz. Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Butter or Oil Spray to spray the baking dish
- Do the prep work first. Shred the cheese into a big bowl. Then add the hash browns (shredded potatoes) to the bowl. Finely dice the onion and add it to the bowl. Add the sour cream and cream of chicken soup to the bowl. Melt the stick of butter and add it to the bowl. Add the salt/pepper. Mix thoroughly with a big spoon.
- Spray a baking dish with oil or butter spray. I use an 11X15 glass baking dish. Using a spoon, gently transfer the hashbrown mixture into the baking dish and smooth it out evenly using a spatula.
- Cover the baking dish tightly with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, until golden brown on top. If it's not golden brown on top once done baking, take off the foil and bake on broil for a few minutes until you get a cheesy, golden (not burned) top.
- Using a spatula cut the hashbrown casserole into squares and scoop into plates. Best served piping hot! To reheat, bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes on 350 degrees.