Tender and succulent rack of lamb, baked to a medium well, fall apart perfection! Super simple recipe, just marinate and bake. Don’t forget to marinate for at least 1 night. I usually marinate for 2-3 nights for the most flavorful and tenderizing results. My Mediterranean style Jasmine rice pairs perfectly with this rack of lamb for a delicious, restaurant quality, Mediterranean style dinner!
Herb & Olive Oil Rack Of Lamb
- 1-1.5 LB 1 Rack Of Lamb
- 1 Small Bunch Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Small Bunch Fresh Thyme
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- Steak Seasoning to taste
- Salt to taste
- Marinate the rack of lamb overnight or preferably for 2-3 nights for best flavor. To marinate the rack of lamb; wash and pat dry the rack of lamb and put it in a big bowl. Season the lamb with salt and steak seasoning on the top of it. Add the bunches of rosemary and thyme. Add minced garlic cloves. Pour olive oil all over the rack of lamb. Rub everything into the lamb, cover and refrigerate overnight or preferably 2-3 nights.
- When ready to cook the lamb; Preheat the over to 450 degrees. Place the rack of lamb on a glass baking dish (or baking sheet covered with foil). Cover the lamb with another sheet of foil on top of it.
- Bake on 450 degrees for 20 minutes. Then lower the heat to 350 degrees and Cook an additional 20 minutes. If you prefer slow cooked and more tender lamb, bake on 250 degrees for 3 hours, then take off foil at the end and broil for a few minutes to get the lamb golden and crispy on the outside.
- Take the foil cover off the rack of lamb and place it back in the oven, uncovered, on 350 Degrees for another 10-20 minutes depending on how well done you like to eat your meat. I did just 10 minutes because I love a good medium cooked, kinda pink inside,rack of lamb. Yum!
- Cut lamb evenly by the rack bones.
- This rack of lamb pairs great with my Mediterranean style jasmine rice!