Grilling is one of my favorite things about summer time! I have finally found the best marinade recipe for grilling steak. Keep in mind that you want to let the steak marinate for at least 4-8 hours so marinate it either the night before or the morning of the day that you plan to grill. Try marinating your steak this way next time you grill and I know you will love it!
The Best Steak Marinade For Grilling
- 2.50-3 LB Steak (T-Bone, Top Sirloin, or your choice) T-Bone, Top Sirloin, Fillet Mignon (your choice)
- Steak Seasoning
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Wash your steaks and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Season each steak, individually, on both sides with steak seasoning. Don’t go crazy with this seasoning as it contains a lot of salt and you don’t want to overdo it. You do not need to add any additional salt at all since steak seasoning already contains salt, and because you will be adding soy sauce so the salt from that will also absorb into the meat.
- Put all seasoned steak into a big bowl. Add the soy sauce and pressed garlic cloves to the steak. Mix together, cover, and let the steak absorb the soy sauce. If you feel it’s not enough soy sauce, add a few more spoons. Or if you are marinating more steaks, add more soy sauce accordingly.
- Let steak stand and marinate in the fridge for at least 4 hours. I usually marinate the night before grilling or the morning that I grill. It's best to give it at least 4-8 hours to marinate.
- Grill steak on the grill as you normally would. You can also cook it on a skillet with butter but grilled steak is definitely my favorite.