I know it’s still mid August, but I am already transitioning to fall time lol. The weather is finally cooling down, the leaves are starting to change color, my son starts school in a week, and everything is beginning to feel like fall. To me, nothing says fall more then a Starbucks pumpkin spice latte… so this beautiful Saturday morning, I decided to make these for my hubby and I to enjoy. It was super easy, and instead of paying $5/cup it will cost you about that much to buy everything you need to make these all season long. Of course, the taste is way more superior too! I have tried making this drink before and couldn’t get the right proportion of ingredients but today it literally turned out perfect! Even my 5 year old liked it and he doesn’t like coffee beverages. My hubby said he couldn’t tell the difference between this pumpkin spice latte or the ones we get at Starbucks (Score! Lol) and like me, he was excited to get to enjoy this beverage now since it’s seasonal and Starbucks doesn’t even have these yet! The best part about this home made, pumpkin spice latte is that I use simple ingredients that you can find anywhere and you don’t need any fancy espresso/coffee machines.
- 1/2 Cup Brewed Coffee (I used Starbucks, Blonde roast)
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Pumpkin Purée (Or Can of 100% pure pumpkin, for a pie filling)
- 1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice (And more to sprinkle on top of latte)
- Whipped Cream (Optional, to top)
1) Brew fresh coffee. Any coffee would work, but I used Starbucks blonde roast.
2) In a small container, mix together the pumpkin purée, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice until well blended together.
3) In a small sauce pan, combine cold milk, coffee, and pumpkin purée mixture. Mix well and set on Medium heat, occasionally stirring until it almost boils and comes to a simmer.
4) When it starts to simmer, turn stove off but keep on the burner until ready to serve so it stays hot. Then pour into individual cups. Optionally add whipped cream on top and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice to decorate. Enjoy!!!
Note: I made 3 times as much because my hubby and I both had big mugs. I couldn’t get enough of this deliciousness!!!