Nothing says fall more then a Pumpkin Spice Latte. Making it yourself is much more cost effective. So you can make these all season long for the price of one at a coffee shop. Of course, the taste is way more superior too! The best part about this homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte is simple ingredients that you can find anywhere and you don’t need any fancy espresso/coffee machines.
Easy Pumpkin Spice Latte
Nothing says fall more then a Pumpkin Spice Latte. Making it yourself is much more cost effective. So you can make these all season long for the price of one at a coffee shop. Of course, the taste is way more superior too! The best part about this homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte is simple ingredients that you can find anywhere and you don't need any fancy espresso/coffee machines.
- 1/2 Cup Brewed Coffee your favorite brand
- 1/2 Cup Milk or milk substitute
- 1 TBS Sugar
- 2 TBS Pumpkin Purée or can of 100% pure pumpkin, for a pie filling
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice more to sprinkle on top of latte
- Whipped Cream optional, to top
Brew fresh coffee. Any coffee would work, but I used Starbucks Blonde Roast. In a small container, mix together the pumpkin purée, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice until well blended together.
In a small saucepan on medium heat, combine and mix cold milk, coffee, and pumpkin purée mixture. Stir until it almost boils and comes to a simmer, then it's done.
Pour into individual mugs and serve piping hot. Optionally add whipped cream on top and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice to decorate. Enjoy!!!
This drink is called the Shirley Temple and it is amazing!!! I got the idea to make this drink from when we first tried it in Olive Garden and really liked it, we got like 3 refills! Lol. I looked through several recipes on pinterest but none of them tasted exactly like the one I had at Olive Garden, But after many different “experiments” I am happy to say that this is as close as it can get, if not better! My family is not big on soda and we try not to drink much of it, just every once in a while, but still sometimes plain old soda gets so boring and this is definitely a great way to change it up! With the mixed sodas and maraschino cherries this drink is the perfect refreshing treat for a hot summer day. It is perfect for parties as you can make a big batch of it and it is pretty cheap to make too.
Shirley Temple Drink
- 1 (2 Liter)Ginger Ale Soda
- 1 (2 Liter) 7 UP Soda
- 1 container of Maraschino Cherries
- 1 Bottle Grenadine Syrup (I used Rose’s Grenadine Syrup)
1) Take a big punch container or pot, Pour in the whole bottle of Ginger Ale, then Pour in the whole bottle of 7 UP. Mix well.
2) Pour in a few Tablespoons of Grenadine syrup, according to your taste and depending on how sweet you want the drink to be. The Grenadine Syrup serves more as a color enhancer but does give the drink a particular taste. So do add it as it is an important ingredient, just don’t add too much of it if you don’t want your drink to be too sweet!
3) Add in all the Maraschino Cherries. Mix everything very well, and add ice according to your preferences. I like a lot of ice in my drinks! Decorate as you wish. For parties I sometimes put real cherries around the punch bowl to decorate, or stick Hawaiian umbrellas in each cup with some pretty straws. This is cool because you can make it match the theme of your occasion.
* If you do not want to make such a large batch, but just a few drinks, you can most certainly do that. For example for 1 CUP, I do, 1/2 cup of Ginger Ale. 1/2 cup of 7 UP. 1 teaspoon of Grenadine, and 2-3 maraschino cherries.*