These Crab and Cheese stuffed mushrooms were on our Christmas menu. I came up with the idea for these because I was craving my crab salad but also stuffed mushrooms. I also wanted something new on the Holiday menu and then I thought hmmm, what if I put them both together and add some cheese?… Well needless to say, these turned out absolutely amazing! I was testing this recipe out so you will see double some of the ingredients in the picture. It ended up being too much stuffing so I used the rest of the stuffing up by spreading it out on slices of a fresh French Baguette and baking in the oven on 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, and they were delicious appetizer and breakfast sandwiches! So this recipe can easily be doubled (as I accidently did while testing out this new recipe) to make appetizer sandwiches too. 2 dishes, 1 recipe, same ingredients sounds like a win win to me!
Crab and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms:
- 2 (24 oz.) Packs Mushrooms (stems removed and finely chopped)
- 8 oz. Imitation Crab Meat (flake or sticks, finely chopped)
- 1 (8 oz.) Block Monterey Jack Cheese (shredded)
- 1 (8 oz.) Block Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- 4 Scallions (green part only, finely chopped)
- 2 TBS Mayonnaise
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove (minced)
1. Wash the mushrooms thoroughly. Carefully take out stems from the mushrooms and finely chop the stems.
2. In a small skillet, heat 1 TBS olive oil on medium heat and cook the chopped up mushroom stems. When the mushroom stems are cooked through, add 1 minced garlic clove and stir to combine. Set cooked mushroom stems/garlic mixture aside.
3. Finely chop the imitation crab meat and put it in a large bowl. Finely chop the scallions and add to the bowl. Shred the Mozzarella and Monterey jack Cheese and add to the bowl.
4. Add the cooked mushroom stem/garlic mixture to the bowl with crab meat, scallions, and cheese. Add 2 TBS Mayonnaise. Mix well to combine.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stuff each mushroom with the stuffing mixture. Pack each mushroom in with a lot of stuffing!
6. Bake stuffed mushrooms for 20-30 minutes until slightly golden brown on top and the cheese has all melted. Best served hot! Note: If you made double the filling for the sandwiches, spread the filling out on top of fresh thinly sliced French Baguette bread and bake on 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. They should be slightly golden and the cheese should be super melty on top.