These Crab and Cheese stuffed mushrooms were on our Christmas menu. I came up with the idea for these because I was craving my crab salad and stuffed mushrooms. So I thought hmmm, what if I put the two together and add some cheese?…Needless to say, these turned out absolutely amazing! Another idea is you can double the stuffing and spread it out on slices of a fresh French baguette and bake it in the oven on 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. I experimented that recipe with some extra filling I had and ended up with delicious appetizer and breakfast sandwiches! So this recipe can easily be doubled to make another easy appetizer.
Crab and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2 24 oz. White Mushrooms stems removed and finely chopped
- 8 oz. Imitation Crab Meat finely chopped
- 1 8 oz. Block Monterey Jack Cheese shredded
- 1 8 oz. Block Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 4 Scallions green part only, finely chopped
- 2 TBS Mayonnaise
- 1 Garlic Clove minced
- 2 TBS Olive Oil for frying mushroom stems and for baking tray
- Salt to taste
- Wash the mushrooms thoroughly. Carefully take out stems from the mushrooms and finely chop the stems.
- In a small skillet, heat 1 TBS olive oil on medium heat and cook the chopped up mushroom stems. When the mushroom stems are cooked through, add 1 minced garlic clove and stir to combine. Set cooked mushroom stems/garlic mixture aside.
- Finely chop the imitation crab meat and put it in a large bowl. Finely chop the scallions and add to the bowl. Shred the Mozzarella and Monterey Jack cheeses and add to the bowl.
- Add the cooked mushroom stem/garlic mixture to the bowl with crab meat, scallions, and cheese. Add 2 TBS Mayonnaise. Add a sprinkle of salt. Mix well to combine.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking dish with some oil (so the mushrooms don't stick). Stuff each mushroom cap with the stuffing mixture. Pack each mushroom cap in with a lot of stuffing!
- Bake stuffed mushrooms for 20-30 minutes until slightly golden brown on top and the cheese has all melted. These are best served hot!