This tender crockpot beef brisket is super tender, juicy, and delicious! It does take 8 hours on HIGH in the slow cooker, so make sure you plan ahead to give it enough time. This is a great week night or make ahead recipe. It tastes just as great on the second day, especially if you make brisket sandwiches! You can make it a regular juicy and tender brisket, or add BBQ sauce to make it a yummy BBQ brisket.
Tender Crockpot Beef Brisket
- 5.5 LB Beef Brisket
- 3-4 TBS Mayonnaise
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- 1.5 tsp Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1.5 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Mrs.Dash or any salt-free seasoning of choice
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 4 TBS Butter
- Wash the beef brisket thoroughly and pat completely dry with a paper towel. Put the brisket in a big bowl. Smother the Mayonnaise all around both sides of the brisket. Sprinkle brisket with the spices (salt, chicken seasoning, onion powder, Italian seasoning, Mrs.Dash) add the minced garlic and smother it all around both sides of the brisket. (If you are making BBQ brisket, also add 2-3 TBS BBQ sauce to the brisket and smother on both sides. I made a regular, not BBQ brisket).
- Place brisket into a crockpot and add 4 TBS butter, cut up into pieces and spread out on the brisket. Cook brisket on HIGH for 8 hours, flipping the brisket 2-3 times or at least once halfway through cook time if possible. (If making BBQ brisket, make sure to add 3-4 TBS BBQ sauce the last hour of slow cooking and smother it all around the brisket.)
- After 8 hours, the brisket should be fall off the fork tender and super juicy! The gravy from the brisket cooking inside the crockpot can be poured over rice tor mashed potatoes. We loved the gravy over mashed potatoes!