This ground beef Bulgogi plate is a super easy and quick meal yet looks and tastes like a dish from an upscale Korean restaurant! You can use ground beef or cut up pieces of beef (steak) for this recipe. I prefer to use ground beef because it’s easier. I got this amazing recipe from our friend Dre and it’s frequently on our weeknight menu. I hope you love this recipe just as much as we do!
Ground Beef Bulgogi Plate
- 1 LB Ground Beef
- 4-5 Carrots peeled, cut into thick matchsticks
- 1/2 Cup Korean BBQ Bulgogi Sauce from the Asian market
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Bunch Cilantro finely chopped
- 1 Bunch Scallions finely chopped
- 2 Cups Jasmine Rice cooked according to package instructions
- 4 TBS Olive Oil divided, for cooking
- Korean Gochujang Brown Rice Red Pepper Paste from the Asian Market, optional, for serving
- Chop up the carrots into large matchstick pieces, toss on a baking sheet with 3 TBS olive oil and salt to taste. Bake on 400 degrees for 20-30 mins, until carrots are soft. Meanwhile move on to next steps!
- Cook 2 Cups Jasmine rice according to package instructions. Cover and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, on medium heat, add 1 TBS olive oil then add the ground beef. When the ground beef is almost done cooking, add Korean BBQ Bulgogi sauce, Soy sauce, and Sesame oil. Cook until the ground beef is well cooked through. Cover with lid and set aside.
- Finely chop 1 bunch cilantro and 1 bunch scallions. Put both into a plate. These will be served on the side as garnishes to serve the Bulgogi with.
- Serve everything on the table and everyone can build their own perfect Bulgogi plate! This is not only a fun way to serve Bulgogi but makes storing leftovers easy too. I add 1 tsp of the Gochujang paste (for a spicy kick, totally optional) and mix everything together for the perfect Bulgogi plate!