This ground beef Bulgogi plate is a super easy and quick meal yet looks and tastes like a dish from a restaurant! You can use ground beef or cut up pieces of beef (steak) for this recipe. I prefer to use ground beef because it’s easier. I got this amazing recipe from our friend Dre and it’s frequently on our weeknight menu. I love how versatile this dish is, everyone gets to build their own perfect plate and it’s so much fun for kids or if you host a dinner party. I hope you love this recipe just as much as we do!
Ground Beef Bulgogi Plate (Serves 4)
- 1 LB Ground Beef
- 4-5 Carrots (peeled cut into large matchsticks)
- 1/2 Cup Korean BBQ Bulgogi Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 bunch Cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 bunch Green Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Cups Jasmine Rice (Cooked by instructions, to serve with beef Bulgogi)
- Korean Gochujang Brown Rice Red Pepper Paste (Optional but highly recommended, to serve with Bulgogi for a flavorful spicy kick!)
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil (divided, for cooking)
- Chop up the carrots into large matchstick pieces, toss on a baking sheet with 3 tablespoons olive oil and salt to taste. Bake on 400 degrees for 20-30 mins, until carrots are soft. Meanwhile move on to next steps!
2. In large frying pan, on medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil then add and cook the ground beef. When the ground beef is almost done cooking, add Korean BBQ Bulgogi sauce, Soy sauce, and Sesame oil. Cook until the ground beef is well cooked. Cover with lid and set aside.
3. Cook 2 Cups Jasmine rice according to package instructions. Cover and set aside.
4. Finely chop 1 bunch cilantro and 1 bunch green onion. Put both into a plate/bowl. These will be garnishes to serve the Bulgogi with.
Serve everything on the table and everyone can build their own perfect Bulgogi plate! This is not only a fun way to serve Bulgogi but makes storing leftovers easy (if you’re lucky enough to have any leftovers lol)! I add a teaspoon of the Gochujang paste (for a spicy kick, totally optional) and mix everything together!