Beef brisket smothered in a tangy BBQ marinade sauce and baked to fall apart, juicy, tender perfection. Easy recipe that requires minimum work. A great make ahead dish for dinner guests. I like to pair this brisket with mashed potatoes or mac & cheese. Leftover brisket makes perfect brisket sandwiches!
Slow Cooked BBQ Beef Brisket
- 5 LB Beef Brisket
- 4 TBS Mayonnaise
- 7-9 TBS Barbecue Sauce 3 TBS for marinade, 4-6 TBS to top brisket
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Seasoning Salt can substitute with regular salt
- 1 tsp Steak Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Mrs.Dash or any salt-free seasoning
- Wash the beef brisket thoroughly under cold running water. Pat dry with a paper towel all over and transfer the brisket to a big bowl. Mix mayonnaise and BBQ sauce in a small container and smother it all over the brisket. Mix all the spices together in a small container and rub into the entire beef brisket.
- Close the bowl with a lid or foil and let it stand in room temperature for 1 hour then transfer to fridge and let it marinate overnight or for at least 8 hours. I sometimes let it marinate 2 nights, as the extra marinating time gives it more flavor and produces a more tender meat.
- When ready to bake, transfer the beef brisket to a baking dish. I like to use a glass baking dish. Bake on 350 Degrees for 3 hours, covered with foil.
- After 3 hours, take the brisket out of the oven. Smother another 3 to 4 TBS of BBQ Sauce on top of the brisket, spreading evenly. Stick brisket back in the oven on 350 degrees for 1 more hour, uncovered, until the BBQ on the beef brisket crisps up a little bit.